Monday, January 5
All five of us from Whitworth had an orientation with the Smithsonian's internship office this morning, and then I had a meeting with one of my supervisors (J). She brought along someone key to the project I would be working on. We got on really well. They normally wouldn't have considered bringing someone on for a 3-week internship, but because I am a "non-traditional" student they took a chance. I'm working on a database project for the two Asian art museums. The database will facilitate research dealing with provenance issues. Currently I'm working on the database itself, but I will also be doing some research in the archives.
Tuesday, January 6
Our internship orientation crew mentioned several times that Washington DC shuts down when it snows. It snowed the next morning, but it happened during rush hour. The city looked beautiful in the snow.
I had a chance to see President Obama's bust while I was waiting for my supervisor to arrive (the metro didn't like the snow). First Presidential bust printed with a 3D printer.
No comments:
Post a Comment